The Mommy Shorts Book Giveaway by Babybel
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, log onto your Twitter account, and tweet a photo (“Photo”) of yourself at the #mom2.0summit (i.e., the Mom2.0 Summit taking place between May 10, 2017 and May 12, 2017 in Orlando, Florida) with the hashtags #BabybelBloggin and #contest. You must tag Sponsor with the hashtag #BabybelBloggin and include the hashtag #contest in your tweet in order to enter the Sweepstakes. On (a) May 11th at approximately 5:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and (b) May 12th (together with May 11th, the “Sweepstakes Days”, and each, individually, a “Sweepstakes Day”) at approximately 3:00 pm ET, at the BabyBel booth, Sponsor will select five (5) potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes Day’s drawing (for a total of ten (10) potential winners throughout the Sweepstakes Period).
You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Sweepstakes (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free. All entry information, Photos, tweets, captions shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
Limit: One (1) Submission per person, per Sweepstakes Day’s drawing. Non-winning Submissions will not carry over to the next Sweepstakes Day’s drawing. If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to request releases from any third parties appearing in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third party releases upon Sponsor’s request may result in disqualification, as determined by Sponsor is its sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. 2. Start/End Dates. The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 1:30 pm ET on May 11, 2017 and ends at 2:30 pm ET on May 12, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Each day of the Sweepstakes Period (May 11th and May 12th) will be a separate Sweepstakes Day. 3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are attendees of the Mom2.0 Summit and are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Bel Brands USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Ilana Wiles (@Mommyshorts) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not an attendee of the Mom2.0 Summit and located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. 4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
• The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
5. Random Drawing/Odds. Five (5) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes Day’s drawing at approximately (a) 5:00 pm ET of the first Sweepstakes Day (May 11th) and (b) 3:00pm ET of the second Sweepstakes Day (May 12th), for a total of ten (10) potential winners throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes Day’s drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize. Five (5) winners for each Sweepstakes Day (for a total of ten (10) winners throughout the Sweepstakes Period) will receive a copy of Mommy Shorts’ new book entitled The Mommy Shorts Guide to Remarkably Average Parenting signed by author Ilana Wiles. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $11.50. ARV of all prizes combined: $115.00. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
7. Notification. Potential winners will be selected at the BabyBel booth at approximately (a) 5:00 pm ET of the first Sweepstakes Day (May 11th) and (b) 3:00pm ET of the second Sweepstakes Day (May 12th). Potential winners will be notified by a retweet or reply to potential winner’s Submission and/or a Twitter direct message (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner has to (i) be following @babybel and (ii) may have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings “unchecked”). Potential winners will also be announced via Sponsor’s tweet shortly after that Sweepstakes Day’s drawing. Potential winners are not required to be present at the Sweepstakes Day drawing to win but they must attend Mom2.0 Summit and pick up their prize at the Sweepstakes booth prior to 5:15 pm ET on May 12, 2017, which is expected to be the end of the Mom2.0 Summit. If a potential winner does not pick up his or her prize by 5:15 pm ET on May 12th or make alternative arrangements with Sponsor (if permitted by Sponsor), the prize may be forfeited, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Potential winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and/or rights transfer document within the time frame designated by Sponsor. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit/Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to Sponsor within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is not picked up from the booth or is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries (time-permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ILANA WILES (@MOMMYSHORTS), TWITTER, MOM 2.0 SUMMIT AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR FROM DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 12, 2017 to: Porter Novelli, Inc., 195 Broadway, 17th floor, New York, NY 10007, attention: Erika Baldwin. 14. Sponsor. Bel Brands USA, Inc., 30 S. Wacker Drive, Ste. 3000. Chicago, IL 60606.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER.